We Believe in the welfare of animals. We care about the distress that fireworks can cause to pets. Here are some useful tips that we recommend pet owners carry out as a precaution whenever fireworks are being used:
Cats and Dogs
- Keep them indoors at all times when any fireworks are being set off.
- Closing all your windows and doors and turning the TV or some music on will help your pet settle and will lessen the amount of noise from fireworks.
- Leave your cat/dog to take refuge in a corner if it wishes. Do not try to tempt it out as this could cause even more unnecessary stress.
- Never walk your dog or any pet while fireworks are being let off.
- If you have a dog or cat that is particularly prone to becoming distressed, seek the advice of your vet.
Small animals – such as rabbits and guinea pigs – living outside should not be forgotten. They can also become very stressed from loud noise. Bring small animals indoors or into an outhouse or garden shed to give them extra protection.
Horses are known to bolt from firework noise and injure themselves. Always make sure horses, ponies and donkeys are stabled while fireworks are being let off. Close the stable door and ensure that it is locked correctly so that any fireworks are not in view.
Playing music during the displays can also help to calm horses and reduce the effects of sudden noise.
Further advise and guidance can be found on the RSPCA website http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutanimals/pets/general/fireworks
We Believe in getting involved wherever we can all over our local area ensuring things get better. When we read that Harpenden High Street had lost one of its ancient copper beeches we funded the planting of a new one.
Among the many other charities and organisations we have supported with donations are: Comic Relief, the British Heart Foundation, Sri Lanka Tsunami Appeal, the Robin Corbett Award for Prisoner Reform, Ambitious About Autism, Help for Heroes, The Wish Tree Foundation, The Forces Children’s Trust, Keech Hospice, Slip End Lower School, Potten End Junior School, Slip End Football Club.
We Believe we are the best team to offer you practical advice and a friendly service no matter what your needs. Contact our professional team of firework experts NOW on 0845 272 3550